Posted December 4th, 2015 by simon brigg No Comments
Believe it or not, it is possible to get bored of pork chops. It may take hundreds, or even thousands. But it can happen. So to help you spice up your menu, Porky’s is dedicated to showing you how to turn any cut of meat into a delicious treat.
This time, we’re going to show you how to turn the dreaded pig’s head into a delicious joint fit for the table centerpiece.
What You’ll Need
- 1 Pig’s head
- Porky’s Memphis BBQ rub (other BBQ rubs are available but won’t taste as good)
- Light muscavado sugar
- Whitewine vinegar
- Smoker (the food kind, not your nicotine addict flatmate, Helen)
Make the Magic:
- Remove any unwanted parts: eyes, whiskers, hairs, etc. (Save those ears for our delicious smoked pig’s ear sandwich!)
- Cover skin in a slather mustard
- Mix our BBQ rub with a cup of sugar
- Apply rub to exposed parts of head
- Place in smoker at 150°C
- Play Mario Kart for 2 hours
- When these two hours are up, baste with white wine vinegar and do so every 30 mins for another 2 hours.
- Remove from smoked and let rest
- Crank smoker up to 230°C and whack it back in for an hour
- The skin should be crispy and the meat tender like pulled pork.
If you’re too lazy to cook for yourself, why not book a table at your nearest Porky’s and we’ll do all the hard work for you. Just click here.